So you want to join the Channel Awesome Family?
Its not going to be easy! Put on your “Gameface” and give us the best shot you got!
We are looking for dedicated, passionate, and hard working gamers who are decisive; not “wishy-washy” or “undecided”. Keep in mind that you can be decisive about things even when reviewing an average game. People often like being “neutral” so they don’t get “hate” or upset publishers, but things like this should NEVER direct the tone of the post. Take firm stances on your points and stick with them.
For News Contributors specifically, a good mixture of Journalist and Blogger would be best. The best traits of a Journalists – searching for stories, being aggressive, following up, checking facts, etc; Mixed With the color-commentary and pulse on what gamers actually want as a blogger. There are plenty of sites already where you get regurgitated game announcements and press releases, it’s the extras that will keep your readers coming back.
If you apply for a position please make sure to:
1. Put the Position you are applying for in the Subject Line – Any emails received without the position in the subject line will be ignored!
2. Must link to, embed or attach the Minimum Requirements for the position – Any emails received without the Minimum Requirements will be ignored!
3. You must be at least 18 years of age to avoid any legal issues attending conventions, previews, and events outside of your state. Real photos may be requested as well as possibly proof of age.
4. Please disclose whether you have been published previously in the gaming field through print or online establishments and include any links if possible.
5. Please share with us what game systems you currently own (both old and new).
You must follow these simple instructions to be considered for any open positions, please double & triple check your email before sending.
Send your Email Application to:
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Updated: July 13th, 2012
If you can’t find what fits best for what you were hoping to contribute please put “Other” in the Subject line and make sure you explain what exactly your specialty is that doesnt fit into the above positions.
Email us your TRIPLE CHECKED Application here:
Open Invitation for Individual Review Submissions
Blistered Thumbs 2.0 is coming, this will implement an even easier system for user submissions stay tuned within the next 2 months!